Tuesday 3 April 2012

Having spent the last five years divided between living in Hanoi, with trips to Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, India and Bangladesh I've seen a lot of things, met a lot of interesting people and travelled a lot of kilometres. Some more comfortable than others. But each new place has given me something of worth. Something to remember.

I've decided to try to put some of this into words.

Hopefully, this will be a space to share these encounters, my own reflections and the photos I've taken along the way. Feel free to comment, criticise, or just say what you think. Any feedback is much appreciated.

The last two weeks have been pretty special, wandering through Madhya Pradesh, India, visiting temple towns lying on holy rivers, chatting with Babas, laundry women, train inspectors and a whole host of inquisitive Indians. Being pretty much off the tourist route, foreigners are still a curiosity, and the locals I've met along the way have been both welcoming and affectionate. For me, there's nowhere in the world that can compare with India for dealing out surprises on a daily basis, every day like an empty page waiting to be filled.

Below are some images from the trip.





















3 comments:

  1. Hey Ben,
    I think the blog is a great idea. I will be a regular reader. Chat soon. Russ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like d pics, i like also d stories. great ben!

    ReplyDelete